Hello friends:

I am writing today to inform you of a unique opportunity to enrich your legacy and fulfill your daily (possibly more!) karma quota.

You see, friends, we live in a world that is warming due to a variety of causes that are generally accepted by 95% of all scientifically engaged scientists to be caused by humans. The other 5% of scientists blame something else entirely...dinosaur farts I think.

I won't bore you with the scientific and climate details. The important thing to understand is this: Climate Change can be fixed by riding bikes.

It's a fact.

Non-scientifically engaged scientists agree that pedaling a bicycle will remove carbon from the atmosphere through a process known as Pulmonary Crank Transference Process (PCTP). Basically, riding a bike while breathing cleans the air one lungful at a time!

I don't know why this doesn't work for other outdoor activities like running or kite flying but science, what can you do?

What you can do is help me clean the air on your behalf.

From September 21-25 I will be riding my bike along with about 200 other people from New York City to Washington, DC as part of the 2013 NYC-DC Climate Ride. During this 300-mile ride I am estimated to convert about 750 lbs of carbon into fresh, clean air via PCTP! It's just science*.

Here's where the karma opportunity comes in for you. You can help me help cool the planet by contributing towards my Climate Ride fundraising goal. Every little bit is very much appreciated and I'm not beyond trading favors for cash. Try me.

So, please consider setting aside $5 or $10 or $357 dollars from your coffee budget to help with this great cause. The money goes to support broad initiatives like divestiture at 350.org as well as local bike advocacy with the great work being done here in D.C. by WABA.

Thanks for your support.

 Seth's Climate Ride Blog Posts

 Local media report

Comments

 

Get the word out

Account Login

Forgot Password?